REASON AND RELIGION-1.13 .


Opinion
              15/11/2017.
                   1053.

                All Members,
         Respected family members of this great holy Nation.


          VERY IMPORTANT FOR THE PRESENT DAY STUDENTS : -

Sub : REASON AND RELIGION-1.13

Swami Vivekananda
(Delivered in England)


What is the effect of accepting such an Impersonal Being, an Impersonal Deity? What shall we gain? Will religion stand as a factor in human life, our consoler, our helper? What becomes of the desire of the human heart to pray for help to some being?

That will all remain. The Personal God will remain, but on a better basis. He has been strengthened by the Impersonal. We have seen that without the Impersonal, the Personal cannot remain. If you mean to say there is a Being entirely separate from this universe, who has created this universe just by His will, out of nothing, that cannot be proved. Such a state of things cannot be.

But if we understand the idea of the Impersonal, then the idea of the Personal can remain there also. This universe, in its various forms, is but the various readings of the same Impersonal. When we read it with the five senses, we call it the material world. If there be a being with more senses than five, he will read it as something else. If one of us gets the electrical sense, he will see the universe as something else again.

There are various forms of that same Oneness, of which all these various ideas of worlds are but various readings, and the Personal God is the highest reading that can be attained to, of that Impersonal, by the human intellect. So that the Personal God is true as much as this chair is true, as much as this world is true, but no more. It is not absolute truth.

That is to say, the Personal God is that very Impersonal God and, therefore, it is true, just as I, as a human being, am true and not true at the same time. It is not true that I am what you see I am; you can satisfy yourself on that point. I am not the being that you take me to be.

You can satisfy your reason as to that, because light, and various vibrations, or conditions of the atmosphere, and all sorts of motions inside me have contributed to my being looked upon as what I am, by you. If any one of these conditions change, I am different again.

You may satisfy yourself by taking a photograph of the same man under different conditions of light. So I am what I appear in relation to your senses, and yet, in spite of all these facts, there is an unchangeable something of which all these are different states of existence, the impersonal me, of which thousands of me's are different persons.

I was a child, I was young, I am getting older. Every day of my life, my body and thoughts are changing, but in spite of all these changes, the sum-total of them constitutes a mass which is a constant quantity.

That is the impersonal me, of which all these manifestations form, as it were, parts.

To be continued...

MY OPINION :

THE FOOLISH MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS MUST KEEP IN MIND AND AGREE THIS ETERNAL TRUTH ( SANATANA DHARMAM OF BHARATHAM ) AND REFORM THEMSELVES ……….

“He who says he is different from others, even by a hair's breadth, immediately becomes miserable. Happiness belongs to him who knows this oneness, who knows he is one with this universe.”

Thank you for reading
      JAIHIND.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRACTICAL RELIGION : BREATHING AND MEDITATION - 2.

The Realisation of the Absolute :3-5-1

HINDU FASTS & FESTIVALS: 3 - Sri Swami Sivananda.